Tuesday, March 14, 2006


How long has it been?

More than half a year has past since that dreadful day. Time is indeed a great healer as i now see that my wounds have all but healed. Well...all that's left are the better memories of the past relationship. I'm glad, that she has been doing well, both in her career and her love life. Read her blog recently and found that she has now a new love in her love. Ii des ne...Glad for her ^_^

Me? My love life hasn't had much changes since. Perhaps its still not my turn yet I guess, that I just got to wait for that chance encounter to happen. Not that I cannot wait for it to happen though. Much has happened since that day, I have since quitted my cso job with m1. Was a risky decision then, as I tendered my resignation without first securing a job elsewhere first. Call me impatient, but I decided that if I were not to resign first, I'll hardly have the resolve to seek a new career path. That level of inertia would had been to high, too comfortable for me to make the first move. I've lost count of the number of times that my colleagues and friends commented on how bad a decision I had made and the amount of financial risk that I am subjecting myself to. Well, they were right to think that way - it was risky. Azmi would had been the first to warn me about it.

I consider myself rather lucky. I only started applying for jobs in mid february, submitting only a handful of applications. Luck falls upon me, as by end february I had been called up for an interview with PSA, one of my preferred employer. 2 Weeks and 3 rounds of interview sessions later, I'm glad to say that I've been offered the position I applied for. Still waiting for the appointment agreement though :P That's 1 milestone of my life waiting to be realised!

This year, I'll be 26 and barely starting out in my career. With only a few more years of youth left, it's hard to decide exactly what my priorities in my life should be. I once wanted to just have a simple life, work just enough and earn enough money for a decent life style, have a happy life with my dear ones. I really wanted to. Yet the recent turn of events in my life got me to think and think I did. Doing just enough, isn't really enough. I realised that at a deeper level, there is this ambitious lion inside of me wanting to do bigger things, achieve bigger goals and live a bigger lifestyle.

The definition of success is a fickle one - we each define success differently and the same person may define it differently at different stages of his or her life. The type of success I want is to make a name for myself as I develop my own potential to become the person I always wanted to be, to make enough money for me cater to a comfortable life for my loved one and then to seek the happiness in my life which at some point earlier eluded me. I know very well that success doesn't come easy and it certainly doen't come cheap and thus as a player, I have to pay the price. To pay the price I thus need to earn the capital through both my hard work and my heart work.

Ahhhhh....it certainly feels wonderful to let out these feelings and thoughts from within your heart. Having said so, I now know that what I've just said is as good as a declaration - of my own mission of success. There is no way back.

No comments: