Monday, March 27, 2006


Settling into the next phase of my life.

Today is the first sunday since l've started work. There's a lot for me to learn, to absorb but the good thing is that i'm feeling optimisstic about the whole thing. I remember again what the motivator at the D.I.S.C personality profiling talk - "a good method of gauging if the job is suitable for you, is to ask yourself this question: do you get energised by the job, or do you feel drained by it?"

This is the question that prompted me then to think long and hard. I knew then that the prospects of continuing working in an entry level position in a call centre environment does not excite me but what does? Well at least I like what I see so far!

"The banking and finance sector is where the big money is." Well, money may be root of all evil but its important for us to live a comfortable lifestyle! This pretty much explains why b&f degree and post-graduate courses are so popular isn't it? I did explore before, the possibility of working in the b&f sector, but I later decided that I wouldn't want money to become the main course of my career. I still love my money though! (Think 信点兵 多多益善

I've the chance to share with some of my friends our career navigating decisions recently. Some of them have made the move, some considering their options now, while others who are graduating in a matter of months will have to start thinking about it very soon. Each of them base their decisions on slightly varying basis but we all hope to do well eventually. Of course, there are also people at the other end of the spectrum - who are perfectly happy to stay at where they are, either because they are currently doing well and/or are contented with status quo.

No comments: